Feb 28, 2012

Hair Bows and Headbands Oh My!



I have already started making some simple headbands for photo opportunities and glam. I am so excited about little girl accessories like hair bows and headbands! I'm hoping she won't take after her brother in the not wanting anything on her head part.

I haven't had any specific way to store the headbands so when I saw this adorable storage on Pinterest, I thought it would be perfect! These 4x6 frames are $1 at most craft stores, but months ago I found several new in plastic at Value City on 50% off day (around 30-50 cents each) and tucked them away for future projects.



 



This project from Aly & Ash was just adorable! I had the frame and these adorable wooden letters that I had wanted to glue to a heart box that I found at that same half off sale for 40 cents. Obviously I haven't gotten around to it. 
 
But I loved this tutorial and I felt like this would be a cute way to display her headbands and bows.
 





I sprayed the frame with Canary gloss spray paint, added the painted white letters and some white ribbon from my ribbon box. It was so simple!
 
An action shot:
 



And a full view shot of Ky's wall [still a work in progress with all the knick knacks] above her changing table dresser.




Photobucket 

No comments:

Post a Comment