Jul 30, 2012

Microwave Safe

This is completely unrelated to my usual topics, but I'm pretty excited about it so I had to share. 
It's back to school time and that means it's the perfect time to stock up on CHEAP household items!
Our cabinets are really short so there's no much space to store things. I'm always looking for ways to maximize space. Child plates are space hogs for us. I've had this 40 cent organizer that I thought would help organize our dishes, but the larger, divided plates wouldn't fit. I also couldn't find a way for them to stay in the cabinet. So with all the great back to school stuff are microwaveable and dishwasher safe dishes in FUN patterns! For $1.49 a piece + a $2 off coupon when you purchase 3, they were a great deal. These appetizer plates are perfect for B. I can microwave up leftover or meals without having to use TWO plates. In a family of 4 with no dishwasher, that's a big deal! I actually stocked up on several of the $1 dishes and bowls that could be microwaved and did away with ceramic. We've broken too many over the last year. 
These $1 bins were also the perfect height to maximize space. I convinced Jon we needed some help organizing the cabinets to I'd spend less buying what we already had (like fruit snacks) and losing expired things deep in the cabinets. These cabinets are seriously weirdly designed. You lose a lot of space back in corners. These baskets have been really helpful. I've sorted and labeled lots of the things that were all over the place - snacks, cereal bars, popcorn, tea bags, etc. And I have EXTRA SPACE in my cabinets now!

I got some larger bins for my new buffet since I'm losing drawers and I may end up going back again after I assess drawers. There were some great mini storage options as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment